and Course Registration
Just like college enrollment, the online transaction is a two-part process. First, you must enroll into the VCampus, and then you must register for the courses you want to take. Before beginning the enrollment process, carefully read the hardware and software requirements listed below. The browser you have installed on your computer is especially important. To access all the features of the online classroom, you must have Netscape version 4.0 (or higher) or Microsoft Explorer 4.0 (or higher) as your regular browser. The AOL browser is not compatible with the VCampus.
VCampus Computer System Requirements
Read the System Requirements needed for all VCampus and courses. For courses using multimedia elements, refer to the course description in the course schedule.
Browser Resource Center
Visit the Browser Resource Center for updated browser requirements and current technical tips.
Plug-in Resource Center
Visit the Plug-in Resource Center for plug-in testing and installation assistance.
Step 1: Enrollment
- Go to the URL address of the VCampus you wish to access (you may want to bookmark this site for future access).
- Click "New User" on the navigation bar to the left.
- Some VCampus sites may prompt you to specify whether you are an instructor or a student before you enroll. If you are prompted for your user type, click the button "Student/User".
- Complete the Enrollment form. Fill out, at a minimum, all the required fields (the asterisked fields). Make sure your e-mail address is entered completely and correctly. NOTE: Choose a username and password and enter them at the bottom of the Enrollment form. Write them down and don't forget them. You will need your username and password to re-enter the virtual campus. Use all lower case letters (non-CAPS) and do not use spaces. The system login is case sensitive.
- After verifying you entered the correct information, click the "Submit" button at the bottom of the Enrollment screen.
- The next page will confirm your Enrollment. Please read the entire confirmation message carefully. If an error occurs regarding your enrollment, read the error message to identify the problem, and try again.
Note: Some VCampus sites are restricted, meaning your enrollment information must be reviewed by a staff member before you are granted access. If enrollment is restricted, an email notification of your enrollment status including login directions will be sent to you at a later time.
- Once your enrollment is confirmed, click the "Enter the VCampus" button.
- After you complete your first web-based learning session, you can return to the virtual learning environment by pointing your browser to the VCampus URL and choosing one of the following options on the opening screen menu: Register for Courses/Exams, Enter Courses/Exams or Campus Home. You will be prompted for your username and password on the next screen - the Login screen. If you forgot your username and password, click the "Forgot Username and/or Password" button at the bottom on the Login screen and follow the on-screen directions.
Step 2: Register for a Course
- Once you enroll and enter the VCampus, click on "Registrar" on the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- You will then see a navigation bar on the left with four options or fewer options. To register for a course, click "Course/Exam Registration."
- On the next screen, you will see a search function allowing you to search for a course by name, content provider and/or classification. There is also a Browse Classification option on the right of the screen.
- Search or browse for the course or courses that interest you.
- Click the hyperlinked course name for more information about the course.
- Click the "Register" button if you would like to register for the course.
- On the next screen, choose your payment option. Click the "Pay with Credit Card" button unless you have been provided with a E-token number (typically used for large corporate accounts).
Note: Our online payment system utilizes the latest Internet encryption standard - Secure Socket Layer (SSL) - to ensure your credit card information is kept private and secure.
- Provide your credit card information, when prompted.
- Click the View Receipt button if you would like to print a receipt of your registration transaction.
- When your course registration is complete, click the "Enter Course/Exam Offering" button when prompted to enter your course. You may click "Classrooms" on the menu bar at the top of the screen, then click "Courses/Exams" on the left menu bar. This will list your course(s). Click the "Enter" button to access your course.
University Students: You must enroll and register with your university and pay any tuition balances before you will be allowed into your online class. Once this is done, you will be notified by e-mail that you are admitted.